Thursday, April 14, 2011

sentimental for the southwest

Recently vintage camp blankets, navajo prints and mountaineer/lodge aesthetics' popularity have experienced a resurgence. Thrift scouts and dealers have been hunting and trading these coveted items for some time now. Certain brands like Pendelton are having a renaissance.  I certainly appreciate this current zeitgeist and in a way, it reminds me of the comforts of home a bit. Currently living in Brooklyn, it is nice to see people wearing the clothes that I used to see people of all ages rocking in my home state of Arizona. When I spotted this shirt in a re-sale shop a few years ago, I was immediately drawn to it. Not something I would typically wear but in a sense I felt a familiar connection with the pattern. With more street style gravitating towards functional and decorative fashions influenced by the southwest, it is making Brooklyn feel more and more like home. 



southwest print top: no label, purchased from Buffalo Exchange
navy blue mini-skirt: American Apparel












denim jacket: GAP circa 2000
cream waxed tweed bag with leather detail and strap: vintage Capezio, courtesy of Dusty Rose Vintage



















brown leather booties with side buckle, Vintage Kenneth Cole
dove grey tights: HUE at Madewell
dark grey socks: Calvin Klein

No comments:

Post a Comment