Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patty's Prep

Hello,  I woke up late today and in a mad dash to get ready for work I remembered it was St. Patrick's Day and that I needed to have some green in the ensemble to avoid a pinch and, well, to just be festive.

While normally I would have opted for something with more green in it. My eyes fell on this fun preppy striped dress hanging in my closet. Additionally, today was an especially warm day for March in NYC so I thought it was appropriate to bust out this little soft season (fall and spring) number.

When I spotted this dress in the thrift store, the length was a bit off-putting. It came down to my calves but I knew a hem with a blind stitch would do just the trick. 

jersey striped tennis dress: Vintage Lacoste from Stella Dallas, Williamsburg New York
brown oxford shoes with black laces: vintage Bally from Artists and Fleas Market, Williamsburg New York
dove grey tights: Hue at Madewell 



















Happy St. Patricks Day

No comments:

Post a Comment