Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Moth Event at Summerstage

Hello, just a quick little post about last night. A few years ago, some friends in NYC introduced me to The Moth story slam and I was instantly hooked. I have been lucky to get into every Moth slam I have waited online for (those lines sometimes compare to the lines for the Alexander Wang sample sales...). 

Every slam has a different theme and storytellers tell their tales that best interpret that theme. Those brave enough to share all have a different approach so stories range from hilarious to melancholic, and heartwarming to frustrating, etc. Even the duds (the boring "bedtime" stories as I like to call them) have a redeeming entertaining quality to them.

Last night, the Moth was held in Central Park. The theme was big night and though the night brought no big revelations for me, it was a lovely way to spend the evening with friends...

we had a great picnic spot!



Our little feast

Laura can't decide between red or white...
The host for the night Andy Borowitz shares his big night

For more information on how to listen to more stories, visit www.themoth.org

No comments:

Post a Comment